The 2012 Contest is now closed. Sign up to the right to receive more information about future contests and programs.
“Next to doing the right thing, the most important thing is to let people know you are doing the right thing.”
Thriving businesses recognize that effective marketing is crucial to the success of any business — you gotta get your message out there. Stoke the Fire is a contest to help Truckee/Tahoe business owners and organization leaders get a leg up in their marketing efforts. Maybe your business needs a new “look and feel” for marketing materials? Maybe the organization you lead needs coaching for how to reach supporters and clients online? But in these cash-strapped times, you just can’t find the funds or resources to make it happen? Help is just an application away…
The Stoke the Fire contest seeks owners/leaders who want to see their organization succeed. The grand prize awards $2,000 worth of services toward honing your marketing message.
Stoke the Fire will provide one grand-prize winner a $2,000 package to help their organization or business get direction to get seen and heard. The package consists of:
- $1,000 for logo design, business card design, and/or website splash page donated by Sara Zimmerman Art, Illustration and Design
- $1,000 for business coaching, marketing counseling, and search engine optimization
Two Runners Up prizes:
- 1 hour consult OR 1 hour graphic design work from Sara Zimmerman Art, Illustration and Design
- 1 hour coaching session
We know a lot of you have a flame burning but just need a little more stoke to get your marketing fire blazing. We are looking for people who are excited about their business or organization, but just need a little help. We understand this package is not an end-all, save-all approach so applicants must have a plan how to keep the fire alive. Further details:
- Open to any non-profit AND for-profit small business or organization that has a primary business address in the Truckee or North Lake Tahoe basin.
- Applicants must explain in 250 to 500 words, why their business or organization deserves the $2,000 package AND how they plan to keep up the fire, after finishing the program.
- Applicants must fill out and return the application.
- Applicants MUST have an I CAN DO IT attitude.
- Applicant must be available for a return visit in a year, so Stoke the Fire can see how the grand-prize winner’s business or organization has seen improvement.
- Deadline to apply: April 23, 2012.
- Winners announced: May 1, 2012. Training begins: May 10, 2012
- Sara Zimmerman Art, Illustration and Design
Art – Graphic Design – Web Design – Marketing
Turning “blah” to “Ta-DAH”!
- Special thanks to Mayumi Elegado and www.MoonshineInk.com
The application period for the 2012 contest is now closed
* Please note that all information submitted on this application is kept confidential and used by sponsors to help make decisions on the contestant winners. By submitting an application, all applicants give full permission to be individually contacted by the sponsors of this contest. Furthermore, applicants grant full permission for sponsors to promote, name, and provide only general information (i.e. no confidential information) about applicant’s business through sponsors’ media outlets as a means to promote contest, contestant, and sponsor involvement.