Create Possibilities is a new non-profit organization created to help children with cerebral palsy. The organization needed not only a website, but assistance with business set up, full branding, marketing assistance, and some guidance towards product creation.
Since the organization was new, the Executive Director, Marjie, needed some overall business and marketing assistance. Through in person meetings and intake evaluations, I assisted her with marketing consultation, which became the foundation for the planning of the brand, site and marketing. Once the plan was confirmed, I began work on a fun, hand-drawn logo and brand. I then created the website layout based on the full branding, along with creating the hand-drawn illustrations on the homepage call to action areas. Once the brand was confirmed, I implemented that through a business card design, the Facebook FanPage, her Twitter background, and her MailChimp newsletter template. I also provided guidance for the text and images for the site, and started a keyword research analysis. Once the keyword phrases were tested, I had a list of the most searched keywords for anything related to cerebral palsy and implemented those throughout the backend of the website.
Some key features of this project:
- Logo and branding design
- Site planning and marketing recommendations
- Customized design elements
- Self-hosted CMS-based site
- Fully-integrated WordPress administrative editing interface
- Current, Valid HTML5
- Client-editable content areas
- jQuery image sliders
- Server-side processing in PHP
- MySQL database content management
- Fully self-hosted eCommerce solution, with on-site shopping cart and customer account management
- eCommerce store integrated with Paypal checkout
- Training for user admin access