Providing a holistic approach to transforming your home with contemporary fine art and handmade artisan creations from Truckee Tahoe artist, Sara Zimmerman.
Take a peek at the galleries by clicking on the links below, or selecting from the Main Menu above. Many original artworks are available for sale as open and limited edition reproductions and prints. Please Contact Me for more information and pricing, or visit my shop at Fine Art America.
- Healing Art Works – 2008 to present, spiritual/ abstract
- Woman in Raw – 2008 to present, autobiographical/ figurative
- Truckee Tahoe Everyday Life, 2007 to present – Whimsical, gritty urban and natural landscapes in Lake Tahoe and Truckee, figurative, dog portraits
- 2004 to 2006 – Discovery and Awareness – Surreal landscapes with still life elements.
- pre 2004 – Abstract, fauve, landscape and figurative in mixed media.
- Commissions and Pet Portraits – Commissioned pet portraits and landscapes/cityscapes.
- Collaborative – Collaborative, mixed media works with the Party of 3 painters.
About Sara Zimmerman, The Artist
I have been an artist my entire life and have been inspired by all of my family, especially my late grandmother, oil painter and former Associated Press courtroom artist, Rosalie Ritz. I went to the University of California, Santa Cruz, to surf… I mean to study, and got my Bachelor’s of Arts in Environmental Studies with an emphasis on science interpretation through art. During my time there, my drawings and watercolors were featured in magazines, catalog covers, greeting cards, event posters, t-shirts, park proposals, guided nature tours, and brochures.
After college, I moved to Truckee to rock climb with my husband. I taught myself acrylic techniques, volunteered for an art council, and started integrating science illustration into large paintings. This resulted in two large bodies of artwork called Discovery and Awareness that were featured in numerous shows and open studio tours in the area.
In the meantime, I was introduced to computer design, layout and ad design, and web design while at a few different jobs. Once people found out that I could help them with their business, people started asking if I could help them build a website, a logo, or help give them entrepreneurial advice.
Since then, my art has reflected this change showing movement, texture, depth, and emotion. I attribute a lot of this to my blossoming business in design where I view how people communicate, what visual elements engage and encourage action, and my adoration for creative innovation in technology.
Becoming a mom made me realize what matters and helped me identify my feelings. Being a graphic/web designer and illustrator has me constantly looking for new colors, trends, patterns and thinking about the way people see things. Combining these influences has me creating both art and design work from my heart and integrating components of my life around me, while simultaneously helping people realize their dreams.
Select Art Exhibits and Events:
- 2013: “Tahoe Macro and Micro,” Riverside Studios, Truckee.
- 2012: “Tropical Sierras,” Uncorked at Squaw, Truckee.
- 2012: “Tropical Sierras,” Cottonwood Restaurant, Truckee.
- 2012: “Healing” artworks, Riverside Studios, Truckee.
- 2012: “Woman in Raw,” Uncorked, Truckee.
- 2011: My Collaborative artworks done with Party of 3 members on display at Riverside Studios, Truckee.
- 2010-11: “Fall to Winter” series and open edition prints at Dragonfly Cuisine, Truckee, CA.
- 2010-11: “Woman in Raw” series at Full Circle Movement, Truckee, CA.
- 2010: “Discovery and Awareness” at Riverside Studios, Truckee, CA.
- 2010: “Truckee Exposed” group show at Truckee Recreation Center in Truckee, CA
- 2010: “Truckee Through My Eyes” originals at Elijah Bleu’s Coffeehouse in Truckee, CA.
- 2009-10: “Woman in Raw” series and open edition prints at Dragonfly Cuisine, Truckee, CA.
- 2008: Visiting artist on display at Ethos Gallery in the Village at Northstar, Truckee, CA
- 2008: Riverside Studios- exhibited throughout the year
- 2008: Modern Regional Art group show at Carole Sesko Contemporary Art in Truckee, CA
- 2007: “Collaboration,” by Party of 3 group show, Catherine Bouwer Fine Art Gallery, Reno, NV
- 2007: Solo show at The Lodge in Tahoe Donner in Truckee, CA
- 2007: Truckee-Tahoe Modern Regional Art exhibit at Carole Sesko Contemporary Art, Truckee, CA
- 2007: ARTour Open Studios juried event in the Lake Tahoe Region (juried)
- 2007: Solo show at Alexander’s Main Street Gallery in Pleasanton, CA.
- 2006: “Collaboration,” by Party of 3 group show, Carole Sesko Contemporary Art, Truckee, CA
- 2006: “Abstract and Surrealism” group show at Alexandratos Gallery, Reno, NV
- 2006: Squaw Valley Art, Wine, and Music Festival, Olympic Valley, CA
- 2006: “Reno is Artown” exhibit at Dreamer’s Coffeehouse, Reno, NV
- 2006: Solo show at Cottowood Restaurant in Truckee, CA
- 2006: “Spiritual Exhibition” Group show at North Tahoe Arts, Tahoe City, CA
- 2006: Solo show at Dragonfly Cuisine in Truckee, CA
- 2006: ARTour Open Studios juried event in the Lake Tahoe Region
- 2006: Solo show at the Corison Gallery at the North Tahoe Arts, Tahoe City, CA
- 2005: “Members’ Invitational Group Exhibit” (juried) at North Tahoe Arts, Tahoe City, CA
- 2005: “Autumn’s Bounty” (juried) group show at North Tahoe Arts, Tahoe City, CA
- 2005: ARTour Open Studios juried event in the Lake Tahoe Region (juried)
- 2002: “UCSC Graduate Students’ Exhibit” (juried) at the Santa Cruz Natural History Museum, CA
- 2001: “Plants, Pests & Pollinators” (juried) group exhibit at San Francisco’s Stribing Arboretum, CA
- 1998: “Surf’s Up” (juried) group exhibit at Pajaro Vally Art Museum, Watsonville, CA
Affiliations and Networks
- Art Shop and Prints
- Facebook Fan Page
- Writing for Huffington Post
- Unearthed Comics
- Sara’s Instagram
- Rob’s Instagram
- Linked In
- Google Business
- Blog feed via RSS
Press and Publicity
- Tahoe Daily Tribune
- Tahoe Action
- Tahoe Bonanza
- Truckee Tahoe Today
- Reno Gazette Journal
- Tahoe Area Mountain Culture
- Sierra Sun
- Moonshine Ink
- Tahoe World/ Action
- North Tahoe Arts ARTalk
- Truckee Tahoe This Week
Commissioned Works Testimonials
“After Googling for a Tahoe artist, I lucked out in meeting up with Sara. It is very rare to meet such a talented artist who is also a web designer and marketing expert, and a really nice person who was always cheerful and very willing to listen and make changes. In spite of juggling many other projects, she made me feel that I was her only client. Never did I wait for a reply to my emails. Not only is Sara good at what she does, but she’s quick and thorough. Having seen some of the Tahoe maps that Sara had done for other clients, I asked her to do a map that was both accurate and whimsical for my daughter’s wedding invitation and to be screen printed on a canvas bag to be given as a Welcome Bag to our wedding guests. I couldn’t be more pleased with the results – definitely exceeded my expectations. The maps are both beautiful and useful. Sara also gave me accurate estimates of the costs and immediately informed me if any additional costs would be incurred by her or the vendors that were used for this project. It was a total pleasure to work with Sara.”
~Val Maczek Truckee, CA
“I commissioned Sara to paint a portrait of our dog for a present for my husband. After seeing her dog portraits in Truckee Book and Bean, I decided that I had to have my very own! Sara was very easy to work with, and after giving her a few photos of our dog, she had completed a wonderful painting in less than a week. Everyone that has seen our portrait of “Tola” has absolutely loved it and the quality of Sara’s work. In fact, I was so impressed with Sara that I asked her to do some work for the organization that I work for.”
~ Emily Williams, Truckee, CA
“Our home is filled with Sara Zimmerman’s exclusive art, including pieces we commissioned specifically. We knew Sara was the right artist for a set we wanted and when we presented Sara with our idea, she immediately saw the same vision we did. She created what we had asked for using mixed media and in the colors we wanted to highlight. We are enthusiasts for Sara’s works: some realism, some impressionism, some whimsy, some fantastical and all fine art. Sara’s commissioned pieces are given highlighted positioning in our home and we receive many compliments about them.”
~ Misty Young, Truckee, CA
“Sara did an amazing job on the belly mask i asked her to paint for me. I feel so fortunate to have Sara’s beautiful artwork on such an important piece in our home. Thanks again Sara, you are amazing!!!”
~ Ami Vannoy, Truckee, CA
“The Squaw painting looks great, and it will be a regular reminder of Tahoe and skiing at Squaw. I plan to frame it and hang it prominently. Thanks!”
~ J.D., Washington, DC