Conscious marketing and design; helping you reach your potential
This is a basic introduction to how I approach web design projects. I do much more than just web design and programming. By integrating marketing recommendations, business coaching, and artful design, I can help you get the tools in place to allow you to reach your potential.
Everything is customized to your needs. You choose what you need and I work in phases to help you get what you need. Most projects are broken into three phases, outlined briefly as follows:
Phase 1: Discovery, Design and Planning:
Process for phase 1:
- Review of your goals.
- Assessment to see what you already have.
- (Optional) Review your past efforts and target market.
- (Optional) Review of current web presence, existing website, etc.
- (Optional) Logo and branding created. (Not needed if you provide your existing logo and branding files for use, in the requested formats)
- Planning (creating a defined scope of work):
- Create site map that lists all elements of the site.
- Create a wireframe for your site that is, basically, a blueprint of all the elements of your future site and where they go.
- Create a homepage layout of the website (jpeg), that includes branding and graphic elements.
- Once the wireframe and layout image(s) are approved, I can provide an estimate for building and launching the proposed site.
What you get at the end of Phase 1:
At the completion of this phase, you will have:
- A logo, identity files, and business card layout, if requested.
- A planned site map for your website
- A planned wireframe for your website (like a “blueprint”)
- A jpeg image, showing what the homepage of your website will look like
- An estimate to complete Phase 2, the development and launch of the website
- A complete list of items needed from you for the development of the site
Phase 2: Website Development & Launch:
Process for phase 2:
- The new site is built on a development server, so your existing website will remain live during the development process.
- You can choose to provide content (images and text), or ask for assistance.
- Search Engine Optimization (optional)
- Once the new development site is built, you can make requests for changes (optional)
- Once the development site is approved for launch, the site is “launched” to your URL
- I provide some basic training for using the CMS content editor interface.
What you get at the end of phase 2:
- Content management website with client editor access where you can add text, images, and blog posts.
- A website built to current web standards, tested on Google, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, iPhone, and iPad
- Search engine optimization to help improve your Google rankings (optional)
- Integrated marketing, with recommended call-to-actions and improved user interaction.
- Analytics Tracking
- A relationship with a designer that understands your goals and recommends tools and marketing efforts.
- for pre-existing sites: redirected Google links to new site
- social media integration
- blog capabilities, etc.)
Phase 3: Marketing Assistance:
Process for phase 3:
- At this stage, most clients ask for help marketing and/or getting print material created.
- A marketing plan is created.
- One-time or ongoing assistance implementing marketing efforts.
What you get at the end of (or during) Phase 3:
- A marketing plan, customized for your business goals, catered to your budget and time.
- Assistance with what social media platform is the best fit for your business and goals, and help using that platform.
- A designer you can call on for assistance, who can help you with ad creation, print materials, blogging, social media posts, etc.