Choosing a host for your new website can be a daunting task since there are hundreds, if not thousands. I have worked with many and though I love to support local, small businesses, this is one area where the national brand is the better way to go. When you have a national company competing with others, you end up getting easy customer service 24/6, a great control panel, easy to understand tutorials, and usually money back guarantees. One of my favorite companies to work with is GoDaddy.com. They are great for general html sites and WordPress sites, as well as other options.
In building new sites and redesigning sites with hosts that clients currently work with, I have come across numerous different host and domain providers. The reason I prefer GoDaddy.com over many of the other large (and small hosts) is the following:
- Their control panels are very easy to navigate and work with, for both developer and client.
- They have a wide variety of tutorials for all of their products that are easy to access and understand
- I have had the least amount of problems with their hosting and transfers with them than any other host I have worked with.
- They have expedited transfers for me, allowing client websites to have minimal down times.
- Though I have seen some slower service for their Economy WordPress hosting, their Deluxe and Ultimate packages have produced faster load times for client websites.
- Customer service. I have had some problems with them with a couple clients (but less than with other hosts) and when that happened, they refunded the full amount.
All hosts boast that they do not have problems, even though all hosts have a problem here and there. That said, GoDaddy has provided more consistent service than any other host that I have used.
How to Purchase the Top wordpress website hosting
- Go to GoDaddy.com and go to the menu HOSTING
If you are getting a WordPress site, go to WORDPRESS hosting
- If you will only have a few images and don’t care about loading speeds, choose the Economy Plan. If you are going to have more than a handful of images and want faster loading times, choose Deluxe Plan (12 months is recommended for both). If you are going to have an eCommerce site with onsite payment processing, then choose the Ultimate Plan and you will get a SSL certificate for free for one year.
- Don’t add anything else on the next page and proceed to checkout.*
- *If you do not have a domain name, go to DOMAINS and select a domain name. The .com and .net are preferred.
GoDaddy is my favorite website host because they take great care of you, have exceptional services and integrative options, as well as numerous tutorials that stay up to date. If you are planning on getting a website, I recommend GoDaddy for your hosting. However, be sure to talk to your web designer first to make sure that you are purchasing the correct plan for your site.