Facebook is a great way to market your business. However, Facebook has cracked down on how people are using it to run competitions. Belly Beyond’s blog has a quick run down of the do’s and don’ts of running such promotions, with the main rule being: You cannot make the entry of a competition dependent on an action on Facebook. That means that Facebook Promotion rules cannot have people enter a competition by:
- becoming a ‘liker’ (or fan)*
- tagging themselves in a photo
- commenting on your wallpage or post
- putting a comment or @ tag in their status
- uploading a photo or video
Read more on their blog or go to “help” on Facebook.